No one likes feeling hungry. It can lead to poor decisions and not-so-cute behavior. 💁🏽
There could be a lot of reasons why you’re not feeling satisfied right after eating. But one reason could be “what” you are eating.
If the majority of the calories you just ate were nutrient-poor, for example, you might eat 10 chicken nuggets and still feel hungry shortly after. It’s not you, it’s the nuggets. They’ve got calories up the wazoo but are broke as all get out when it comes to forking over those nutrient riches. 🤓
They are calorie-dense BUT they don’t take up a lot of space in your stomach. So your brain isn’t getting the memo that you’ve eaten enough.
It’s like having a house party where your brain is the bouncer (a preposterous scenario I know, but play along) and the food culprit is a bunch of havoc-wreaking Smurfs standing on each other’s shoulders hiding behind a trench coat.🧥
To the naked eye it looks like one harmless partygoer, coming through, but au contraire mon frere! 🕵🏽♀️
Just as hunger tells you to eat, satiety (the feeling of fullness) signals you to stop, unless there’s mischief, afoot. 👀
Eating nutrient-rich, fiber-rich foods can help us feel like a million bucks. But more specifically, these types of foods help you feel full and satisfied. (instead of stuffed and regretful)
And of course, it goes without saying that if you’re looking to lose weight, these foods help with that too.
“🙄 Ugh! Roughage is for bunnies. I don’t eat rabbit food.”, you say? Try these delectably easy AND satiating tips…
3 Tips to Stay Full Longer
- Eat your fiber it’s good for your gut, gives you sustainable energy and helps you reach satiety sooner.
- ✨ A bowl of oatmeal with berries and pumpkin seeds
- ✨ cinnamon apples and peanut butter
- ✨ black bean burrito bowl
- ✨ strawberry spinach salad
- ✨ popcorn
- ✨ Edamame
- Eat good fats, they’re good for your brain and a smart decision for feeling full for longer.
- ✨ The infamous Avocado Toast in all its glorious Pinterest forms
- ✨ Almond butter toast and honey
- ✨ Hardboiled eggs from Costco with smoked paprika and Himalayan pink salt
- ✨ Black bean burger w/avocado and a poached egg
- ✨ Seaweed topped with avocado, garlic powder & red chili flakes
- Don’t wait until the last minute to eat. It’s a slippery slope… when you do, your quality of thinking and judgement are diminished and you start letting blue people in trench coats in. Who then group text their friends that your guard is down and now you have a house full of some strange company messing up your house.
If you are struggling to say no to Smurfs or more specifically, are a junk foodie who is done with the struggle bus and just want someone to lay out a game plan for you to follow and be done with the cravings and feeling like you need to eat all the time… Sign up here to schedule a Wellness Breakthrough Call with me. We can discuss a possible game plan for helping you cut down on the nutrient-poor foods holding you back from reaching your wellness goal. This will also give us the opportunity to see if we mesh well together so that we can start working on getting you some results that stick. Let’s go get ’em, girl! 💃🏽